The Cluster undertakes projects to promote both knowledge creation and evidence-based decision-making, connecting research with policy development. Building on the interconnection between research and policy, the Cluster supports and conducts activities to:
- Mobilize Canada’s best researchers to address issues of policy importance
- Ensure that persons from the policy sector have access to relevant research results
- Facilitate and encourage research access to survey and administrative data files
- Bring the fruits of research to the attention of a broader public.
Cluster projects are aimed at two other important goals:
- Fostering of interaction between those in the research and policymaking communities
- Supporting a new generation of researchers who will extend this work, by providing both training and access to needed resources.