Sociology is the study of how various social forces produce social order and social change and in so doing influence what we do and how we think. The expertise you will find in the Sociology department covers a broad spectrum of critical thinking about our changing societies. Local, regional, and global: all of our social world is under scrutiny by our scholars.
Here are some keys to find the information and people you need.
- Go to Research, select a topic.
- Select projects that you find relevant - read about the project and its results, and use the "Project Team" tab to find contact info for all of the researchers.
- Go to Experts, browse topics to find contact info and specific areas of study for experts.
- Click the name or profile link of the expert to read a full profile, including links to their recent publications and research projects.
Find a specific individual
- All instructors are listed in Faculty and Part-Time Faculty
- Other contacts can be found under Staff and Administration
- See collaborative research groups in Centres/Institutes/Groups
- Other research projects are under Current Research.
- Go to Events. Events become clickable when they are finalized, click to view details and contact info.
- The audience for each event is above its title - use the organizer contact to request permission to attend if you are not part of the invited group.
- Some past events have embedded video links - view the talks you missed.