Future Students

Applying to Western


In order to apply to Western students must file an application with The Ontario Universities Application Centre. http://www.ouac.on.ca/


CLICK HERE for a list of classes required for our programs

Students can complete either a 3 or 4 year degree. (15 or 20 credits) A major is only 6 credits from those 15 or 20 and the remainders are electives and first year credits.


The following is a sample sociology lecture on Social movements and protest.

Changing Departments or Programs


Students currently enrolled at Western can change their degree to a degree in The Department of Sociology, by completing a Degree/Module Change Request form and submitting it to the Academic Counseling office using the instructions at the top of the page.

Alternatively, students can do so during Intent to Register (ITR) in February each year.