Supervisory Status: MA, PhD
- Currently supervising Jordan Harel, White Collar Criminals, Blue Collar Criminals, and Thieves: A Comparative Analysis of Two Theoretical Perspectives.
- Lauren Korosec, The Changing Nature of Homicide and Its Impact on Homicide Clearance Rates: A Quantitative Analysis of Two Trends From 1984-2009.
- Pamela Glatt, Do Women Engage in Self Protection Because of Violence Generally or Sexual Violence Specifically? An Analysis of the 2009 General Social Survey.
- Zach Young, Heavy Handed: A Multi-Level Approach to Understanding Regional Variation in the Use of Force by Police.
- Junmin Jeong (jointly supervised with Teresa Abada), Immigrant Religiosity and Deviance.
- Matt Logan, Insecurity, Self-Defense and the UFC.
- Ryan Broll, 'Criminals are Inside of Our Homes': Two Models of the Relationship Between Perceived Neighbourhood Crime Rate and Intimate Partner Violence.
- Mike Courey (jointly supervised with Jim Côté), Identity Styles and Gottfredson & Hirschi's General Theory of Crime: An Examination of the Relationship Among Parenting Styles, Identity Styles, Self Control and Delinquency.
- Jennifer Reynolds, The Interaction Between Gender and Risky Lifestyles on Predicting Violent Victimization: A Test of the Chivalry, Convergence and Evil Woman Hypotheses.
MA Research Papers
- Cassandra Barber, Do Urban Contexts Affect the Economic Integration of Second-Generation Visible Minorities in Canada? A Tale of Three Cities.
- Godfred Chongatera, Visible Minority Groups and Hate Crime Victimization Across Different Levels of Family Income in Canada: An Examination of Mediation and Comparative Models.
- Ken Preston, From Stalking to Assault: An Analysis of the Escalation Process for Stalking Victimization.
Western provides the best student experience among Canada's leading research-intensive universities.